Blog Widget by LinkWithin

real parties | Jammin' with Jack Birthday Party • Intrigue Design

Wednesday, September 14

invite-peek
Table3

Today's real party feature is "JAM"packed with adorable details...
Michele from Intrigue Design orchestrated the amazing elements of this "Jammin' with Jack" music-themed 4th birthday party she hosted for her son.

The fabulous dessert table was filled with music-themed goodies with the drum cake taking center stage.  (cleverly displayed on a toy drum used as a make-shift cake stand.)  The licorice "Guitar Stings", "Kickin' Krispie Treats,  Eighth Note brownie pops, "Musical Munchies" and Marshmallow drum sticks were the perfect treats to offer groupies and guests.  The "Jam Session" allowed Jack to showcase his mad skills on the drums too...what more could a little boy ask for!?

Party Host - Michele of Intrigue Design
Celebration Type: 4th Birthday Party
Party Theme: Music - "Jammin' with Jack
Inspiration: Her son's LOVE of music - (the drums, in particular)
Color Palette: Blue and Green (with Black, Red & Silver Accents)
Party Style: Edgy with a touch of Toddler whimsy...

You don't need sheet music or site-reading skills to get lost in the rockin' melody of details this party has to offer.
Keep reading for more inspiration and photos like these customized guitar and drum sugar cookies from Bee's Knees Creative...

Cookies





Treats2

Drum

Favor3

 Favor2

Stage

Signs

mics

Table2

Instruments

crafttime

jammin with matt

Treats1

Treats3

Table1

Favor1

collage1

The pure joy and magic captured in these photos of the birthday boy completely tug at my heart guitar strings!! And that's what it's all about...isn't it!!

My favorite party details:
• the clever use of a toy drum as the cakestand for the Drum Birthday Cake
• the Drum Cupcake Wrappers
• the Homemade Instruments Activity Table
• Jam Session Stage
• Cookie Board
• Marshmallow Drum Sticks (easy and SO perfect)
• The Microphone Drinking Cups sent home as favors
• 3D Elements used on the invitation

Thanks for sharing the magic of Jack's 4th birthday celebration with us Michele!
You did an amazing job. I don't know one little boy who wouldn't absolutely feel like a "rock star"
after a birthday celebration like this!!

Here are the party details as told by Michele...

"My son is very interested in music, among a lot of the typical things boys love. We have a drum set at home and he is constantly playing real songs on them so when I gave him three theme options for his birthday it was no surprise he chose the "music party". (Though I was secretly hoping for something a bit more unique.) We're not the "rockstar" type so it was a bit challenging coming up with something edgy & fun without it looking baby-ish or introducing the pointy guitars and such. I think the easiest part was the title of the theme "Jammin' with Jack."

The snack table is always fun for me as I love coming up with clever titles. "Kickin' Krispie Treats", "Musical Munchies" and "Jam 'n Triangles" were a few I like.  I made the eighth note brownie pops, the triangles and the krispie treats along with the cupcakes and cake. The rest of the items were purchased. The kids loved it as well as the adults and I was kind of surprised at how fast the snacks disappeared.

When the guests arrived we made some craft instruments which we used for a couple of games later in the party. There was a story time with action words along with a rhythm repeating game. Before presents time we had our little jam session. Everyone went out to the patio where we'd set up a little stage area with the drum set and pretend microphone. My son had a blast playing drums for the band leader that joined us.

The favors were guitar or drum cookies made by Renee of Bees Knees along with a jar of "JAM". I added a label to the jars that said "Jam On". (For the adults) The guests were also given freedom at the cookie board where I posted my eighth note sugar cookies. The kids also got to take home cookies, craft & toy instruments and a Microphone shaped Drinking cup that I purchased from CelebrateExpress.com"

Vendor Credits and Supplies:
Party Printables - Intrigue Design
Eighth Note Brownie Pops - Intrigue Design
Eighth Note Sugar Cookies - Intrigue Design
Jam n' Triangles - Intrigue Design
Kickin' Krispie Treats - Intrigue Design
Cupcakes - Intrigue Design
Drum Cake - Intrigue Design
Drum Cookie Favors - Bee's Knees Creative
Microphone Drinking Cups - CelebrateExpress.com

9 comments:

Michele @ crazyfordesign said...

As always, your eloquence in storytelling shines through. Beautiful. Thank you so much, Jessica!

Tish said...

Michele did an awesome job bringing her son's dream party to life... so much creativity and inspiration is flowing through this party. I love each and every detail and I HEART Intrigue Design!

xoxo, Latisha

Debra said...

Michele! This is awesome! I'm having a music themed birthday for my son in November too. I already had some of these ideas on my list but I definitely got a few more brand new ones! I may need to pick your brain in the next few weeks. My son is also turning 4 and his name also starts with a 'J' so I may have to steal this party theme. I don't want to do rockstar because we're doing more hip hop than rock. This turned out super cool!!

KriskropMemories said...

Wow that is just awesome....the attention to all details is spectacular.

Linda Vandermeer McCubbin said...

What a cool party and those sugar cookies are awesome!

Pear Tree Greetings said...

What a cute idea!! I love how this could go with either gender. And we could do the wii Rock Band since we don't have real drums. Very fun! Could also be great for a variety of ages and for more than just birthdays! Love it!! -Steph

Lisa @ Henderson Rubin Creative Design Studio said...

What a great party!

Unknown said...

I love this whole idea. Where can I find the cupcake drum wrappers?

Unknown said...

I love this whole idea. Where can I find the cupcake drum wrappers?

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan