Blog Widget by LinkWithin

these goals are different...

Friday, January 15

this post is updated on a continuous basis - as goals are met.
(see below)


yes...it's the new year and we all make goals.
but my list pictured above is different.
these are goals i've come up with to achieve before my next birthday. (november 2010)
these aren't your typical new year's resolution goals.
these are goals that will inspire me...in many ways.
some are funny little things...
some are family related...
some cost money although most are free...

these goals are silly and light-hearted.
these goals will bring a different sense of happiness...
the happiness you get when you focus on doing things your heart, (and maybe even your soul), tells you to do...
the happiness that rejuvenates...

want to see my list?
the number of goals i came up with is random...
i just started listing everything i wanted to do...

green indicates goals in progress - the steps I'm taking to achieve the goals.
red font indicates goals that are DONE
and if it's black...i've not done a thing with it...YET!

1. go down the water slide with the kids during our annual world marriot stay...DONE! see this post...
2. bubbles with etched glass DONE!
in progress...
bought etching cream Jan. 2010

3. participate in a charity walk DONE!
gearing myself up with the 343 challenge - (May/June 2010)
participated in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure - October 17th 2010


4. wacom tutorials - complete at least 12
in progress...two completed Jan. 2010
October 6th - one more done.

5. have a family picnic with bubbles & take pictures DONE!
in progress...
scheduled for Saturday, February 6th
had the picnic but too windy for good bubble pics. will be having another one.
waiting for Fall - when it's cooler. (August 2010)

6. buy a toe ring (silly...i know...but i need a new one...*wink*)
looking...
i looked and looked many times throughout the year and never found any that caught my eye...

7. watch "gone with the wind" in its' entirety (never done this..shame on me). DONE!
thanks to the "girls only slumber party" with my aunt, cousin, mom & two older daughters...
i watched the movie from start to finish. yay!!

8. plant some pretty flowers that make me happy.

9. compendium books...add a few more to my collection DONE!!
October - "She" and "One" are on the way
A complimentary package of goodies from Compendium helped me add "Believe" to my collection
as well as another copy of "Give Thanks" - October 15th 2010

10. candlelight picnic with j. DONE!

11. perfect a gluten-free dessert DONE!
in progress...
ordered babycakes Jan. 10th
started reading babycakes Jan. 17th
added a button to my blog for all to follow along with me
purchased bob's red mill gluten-free all purpose flour (Feb. 2010)
purchased xanthum gum (Feb. 2010)
baked chocolate chip banana bread from babycakes - DELISH!

12. slumber party with the girls. DONE!
scheduled for Saturday, October 23rd
My aunt Susan, cousin Kalie, my Mom and Clara and Ema all hung out for a slumber party night!
We enjoyed homemade pizzas and gave each other facials and pedicures while watching Gone with the Wind.

13. attend the mt. dora craft fair (as a participant) DONE/sort of - see below
in progress...application requested Dec. 2010
think i've figured out what my focus needs to be...(Feb. 15th)
printed out the application - discussed with j
application deadline is May 2010.
with our move this year and after much discussion, we decided 2010 is not the year to participate....bummed. *frown*
WAIT!!! i have another idea that just might let me participate - just in a different way...(August 2010)
I will be having a "mini display" in the shoppe of Cupcake Delights - thanks Judy! (October 23rd & 24th)
With Judy's shoppe in downtown Mt. Dora, I was able to put up a little display of some of my printables in her shoppe for the weekend of the craft fair. I was thrilled!!

14. do an herb garden DONE!
anonymous blog reader sent me this link: http://www.marthastewart.com/goodthings/tower-of-herbs
another source for herb garden inspiration: (July 2010)
http://heatherbullard.typepad.com/heather_bullard_collectio/2010/07/bouquet-garni.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PresentpastCollection+%28Heather+Bullard%29&utm_content=Google+Reader
purchased herbs from a local garden center (July 2010)
made my first "bouquet garni" (July 2010)
my herbs are already dead (August 2010) *frown*

15. make an angel food cake (never done it)

16. photoshoot with "me" only
had a family photo shoot scheduled with a photographer at the end of November...found out this morning it fell through. WILL do this!!

17. try some royal icing art. DONE!
cupcake buttons for ally's shower - Jan. 2nd
cupcake buttons for several customers - April & June

18. one night alone at a B&B

in progress...
purchased on Jan. 8th
started creating exercise jar
exercises started on February 3rd.
it's been awhile...need to get going again (june 2010)

20. sell something on etsy. DONE!
progress...
started setting up shop Jan. 14th
putting some ideas out there to see what people are interested in
etsy shop opened & very first sale: February 2nd!
three total sales in shop - 3 jobs outside of etsy...(february)
business has taken off...wow!
almost to 60 sales - July 2010
Wow...feeling really inspired. 141 sales to-date. (11/3/2010)

21. create a profitable business doing what i love. DONE & doing it
progress...
set up an etsy shop.
applying for mt. dora craft fair
honing creative energy to figure out what people want most from me.
sent off my very first invoice...Jan. 27th yea!! (job: pottery barn invite)
another invitation/announcement job commissioned on February 3rd! (moving card)
total of 3 prints sold from etsy shop...
ongoing orders and custom design requests....exciting!
SO excited about the positive response over the last five months. (June 2010)
Thrilled to have a thriving little business with so much positive feedback! (Nov. 3 2010)

22. go for 1 month without any meat. (for cleansing & just to see if I can do it...crazy).
Don't know what I was thinking when I created this goal.
Somewhere in the back of my crazy little mind I'd like to think I could do this.
Because really I'd be vegetarian if my family would allow it.

23. cut squares from my grandpa's shirts for a quilt/blanket
i've got the suitcase of clothes conveniently located in my closet now. (June 2010)
shoot...I meant to do this when we had our slumber party! Man!!! (11/3/2010)

24. make macarons (never done it).
in progress...
collecting macaron recipes like this one from bakerella
pre-ordered "Macarons" book...(August 2010)
Scheduled for October 23rd - slumber party night
Didn't happen...but it will!! 11/3/2010

25. make meringues (never done it) DONE!

26. pay for someone else's order in the drive-thru (i LOVE this idea) DONE!
paid for the person's order behind me January 29th
looked like a young teenage boy.
he ordered the 2 cheeseburger promo for $1 & 2 order of fries for $1
total was only $4.28
pretty cool feeling...

27. kopykake projector (save & purchase)
in progress...but i'm torn between buying that or buying or a silhouette
tried winning a silhouette through Hof3 and TomKat Studio (April & June)
not in the budget this year. *frown*

28. print my 2009 blog
I soooo wanted to do this and didn't.
I'll have to print my 2009 AND 2010 at the same time. 11/3/2010

29. make something at yada yada pottery
think i've decided to do either a cake pedestal or pie plate (July 2010)
does driving by and looking several times count? (August 2010)
scheduled for October 23rd
didn't get to do this...but plan on doing this with my girls. 11/3/2010

30. go to Brio's just for cheesecake DONE!
went with Kris on March 13th.

31. new 50mm lens
thinking i'll be asking for this for my bday *wink* (August 2010)
hoping to get this for my birthday
i was going to be getting this for my birthday but after finding out i get to go to the Martha Stewart Dreamers Into Doers event in January, I told everyone to donate their cash towards my trip! *wink* 11/3/2010

32. paint some canvases
in progress...
bought one canvas & new brushes Jan. 10th
can't believe this didn't happen...should've been so easy.
i had the canvas and new paint brushes and plenty of paint...11/3/2010

33. create a dream board
collecting things...can't build it until we get in the new house
researched material costs with Clara & Ema (they want one too) - July 2010
keeping this on my list...it's SUCH a wonderful thing to do. 11/3/2010

34. tara whitney's photo wall (see this post)
i found the PERFECT product to make this happen!!
didn't accomplish this BUT i found the company fracture and will be using them to complete this goal later. (11/3/2010)

35. start collecting letters for home decor (revised..collecting NUMBERS instead) DONE!
does picking up a letter in a store and then putting it back count? *wink* (April 2010)
thinking i'm going to collect NUMBERS instead of letters - numbers that are significant
to our birthDAYS and months...don't you think that'll be fun? (May 2010)
Sticking with the NUMBERS idea. (June 2010)
Purchased my first number: "3" - (July 2010)
my collection isn't near finished but the goal was to "start" it...

36. write a children's book/coffee table book & publish it on my own
in progress...
think i've come up with a name for it
nothing sketched out at this point but lots of ideas
getting excited about this - may tie this into Ella's bday party (August 2010)
started sketching ideas out - September
considering creating a mini book for Ella's bday party.
i actually sketched out the book but haven't done much with it yet. (11/3/2010)

37. "saturday sundaes" once a month as a family DONE!
in progress...
had our first one on January 23rd
had one in February and we did Oreo themed sundaes for March
we've completed this every month so far - and it's now the end of May.
still going strong...(July 2010)
No problem...it's officially a little tradition.

38. do something completely "out of character" with my hair
discussed options with my hair guy...Robie...mentioned "pink" and he suggested temporary
extensions??? thinking.
Does going to a new hair person because I couldn't get in to see Robie count?
I walked out with an unintentional "out of character" look...MUCH more blonde than I've ever been! *wink* (July 2010)
I'd better schedule to have some pink extensions put in...(October 19th 2010)
My hairdresser wouldn't allow me to do anything crazy at this point since the Martha Stewart event is coming up in January...*wink* 11/3/2010

39. focus on making mini-desserts this year DONE!
in progress...
ordered petite sweets on Jan. 10th
picked my first recipe to try: chocolate velvet cakes - Jan. 16th
made mini chocolate chip cookies - Jan. 24th & i used them to make my blogoversary mini ice cream sandwich...
made pretzel buttons (february)
made mini lemon cheesecakes for memorial day.
made mini banana pudding bites for 4th of july.
mini ice cream cookie pops (July 2010) - these have been featured several times around the web...

so there's my list.
isn't it fun?
notice how each one will trigger CREATiViTY..?? LOVE that.
i challenge you to come up with your own lists.
things you've always wanted to do but aren't on your list of priorities.
things that are FUN & light-hearted.
easy little things that will lift you...inspire you...
and things that will connect you with your heart...

in other news...
watch for an announcement on monday -
my first little giveaway...so excited!

KEEPING IT REAL:
I was really nervous at first to share these...*wink*

4 comments:

Renee said...

Jess, I love your goals and the wonderful way you shared them. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

Hugs,

Renee

Anonymous said...

Awesome goals! So tempted to copy them to my own to do list, but I guess that would defeat the purpose! Love how each one is creatively inspired, instead of the usual, lose 10 pounds and work out 1 hour everyday. Thank you for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

I love this list! It's so fun. I think that makes it so much *easier* to do!! Good luck and good work, so far!

Anonymous said...

Hello Jess- I just read these goals and they are inspiring. I am not a New Year's Resolution-y gal, so these spoke to me and I created my own list. Thanks for the great idea. Now, for that Herb Garden...you should start with a tower of herbs. I have been doing one for years and it is awesome. Martha featured one in her mag this month, check it out. http://www.marthastewart.com/goodthings/tower-of-herbs

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan